How I Fixed: “Authentication request could not be processed due to a system problem. “

Sometimes the simple stuff seems the hardest.

In my case I am working through the Symfony 4 update to the Symfony Deployment course and somewhat unusually, am not doing anything in dev, but lots of stuff in prod.

The reason for this is that I have forked the official Symfony demo project, and have slightly modified it for my needs. As it’s an official demo project, it’s pretty much guaranteed to work.

I had a production server set up, and had deployed my code.

I’d set up my environment variables – I believed, correctly. But when I hit the site:

“Authentication request could not be processed due to a system problem.”

I do enjoy a good error message.

The fix was simple in my case. I had set the wrong path to the database:

And what it should have been:

The db name was back to front.

In prod, the log files give no help around this, at all.

I had to spin up the dev environment where things are a lot more evident:

The give away line being:

Typos, such fun.

Anyway, easier to fix than it might otherwise appear. Hopefully it is for you, too.

 

Shares

Published by

Code Review

Code Review

CodeReviewVideos is a video training site helping software developers learn Symfony faster and easier.

2 thoughts on “How I Fixed: “Authentication request could not be processed due to a system problem. “”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *